Our client is a long-established engineering company who specialize in the fabrication of various bespoke items for clients in the Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Chemical, Industrial, Mechanical Engineering, Commercial Glazing, Building & Architectural Industries.
Summary of Role:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced accounts assistant to work day to day with the company Financial Controller. Working on a par time basis, you will be involved in supporting statutory reporting and compliance as well as producing monthly accounts. You will be responsible for the accounts payable and receivable functions as well as supporting the Financial Controller on key products. This role requires a commitment of 20 hours per week and the company are flexible in building an agreement that will facilitate your weekly commitments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of management monthly reports & month end process
- Run weekly payroll for approx. 30 members of staff
- Prepare account reconciliations and postings to ledgers as required.
- Take ownership of Accounts Payable and report back to FC on same.
- Analysis of monthly costs across the business and continually seeking to reduce through efficiencies.
- Oversee invoicing as per company guidelines.
- Assigning invoices to the relevant cost centres.
- Be actively involved in preparing the company’s submissions for corporate tax.
- Support the company’s VAT returns, other tax filings, CSO returns and liaise with government agencies as required alongside the FC.
- Cashflow analysis and management
- Creditor management
- Prepare schedules for/liaise with auditors/tax advisors along with the FC.
- Ensure a robust internal control environment.
- Continuously improve finance systems and processes.
- Other duties/projects as they arise
- Experienced Accounts assistant in a busy office.
- Experience working within project services-based industry such as utilities, construction, infrastructure etc
- Experience with accounting software packages & Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Continuous improvement of attitude and mindset key
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem skills
- €20 per hour
- 20 Days annual leave
- Free parking
- Company phone