Sparktel have partnered with an established infrastructure and utilities company to hire a Civils Field Manager. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a number of field crews on major utility upgrade and maintenance projects in Leinster. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company with long-term framework projects in place.
The Field Manager will allocate and manage the workload for local crews and sub-contractors working on the telecoms network contracts in Leinster. Crews will include civils and cabling teams. You will have the opportunity to work on the National Broadband Plan on a permanent, long-term basis.
What you will be responsible for?
• Management and development of direct crews and sub-contractors.
• Allocation of daily workload to crews as per job packs etc.
• Reaching target programme works and key milestones.
• Checking plans, drawings and calculations to ensure designs correspond with in-field surveys along network routes.
• Resolving technical difficulties and monitoring quality across all field teams under your remit.
• Leading and directing all team to ensure compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
• Managing commercial performance of each team and driving efficient while maintaining a high level of quality.
• Reporting operational, quality, a team performance to senior management team.
• Liaising with clients, engineers and internal teams to ensure compliance with necessary regulations.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with various stakeholders such as clients, employees, senior management, local councils and members of the public.
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
• 5+ Years industry experience.
• Preferably a background in civils for utilities infrastructure build/maintenance.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
• Working knowledge of Telecommunications or other utility infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.
• Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
• Flexible to travel as necessary.
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Commercially focused professional with the ability to work to deadlines.
• Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as the client.
• Full, clean driving license.
What’s on offer?:
• €50,000 – €55,000 (depending on experience)
• 29 days holidays (including public holidays)
• Company Car + fuel card.
• Pension Scheme.
• Progression opportunities for the right candidate.