Our client is one of Ireland’s leading infrastructure and utilities companies. With operations throughout Ireland, the UK and Europe, this company is undergoing continued growth. The key areas of expansion are within the telecoms and power industry, and they have secured several other utility and infrastructure projects in Ireland specifically. With long term contract’s in place this is a great time to join!
The Civils Project Manager will have responsibility over a large Dublin based infrastructure project. Reporting to director level, you will have direct management responsibility over of all aspects of the project, including Health & Safety, Programming, Technical, Quality and Commercial elements. You will also have responsibility of the mid and junior tier field management team as well as the entire in field population. This will comprise of both direct and subcontract labour.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with Health & Safety regulations
- Overseeing quality control on site for all aspects of the works.
- Planning and scheduling the works and managing the construction programme.
- Ensuring all work permits are in order
- Liaising with the transport department to manage the fleet.
- Management of plant and equipment.
- Responsible for cost management and the pricing of works.
- Management of field supervisors, direct labour, and sub-contractors.
- Ensuring Traffic Management arrangements are in accordance with the traffic management plans.
- Setting out all elements of works including road alignments and service installations
- Surveying constructed works for as-built drawings
- Monitoring and recording progress on site and assisting in updating the works programme
- Management of material deliveries on site and checking quality of materials
- Identifying and recording additional works and work closely with the project QS to prepare costs
- Daily communication with the Client
- Attending regular site meetings with the construction team, design team and the client.
- Maintaining daily site records and testing records.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience
- Proficiency in use of setting out equipment – such as GPS, robotic total station, and levelling equipment.
- Experience working with AutoCAD.
- Commercial and contract awareness
- Experience of roadworks and utility installations.
- Experience in the quality control of engineering materials on site.
- An ability to maintain high levels of Health, Safety & Quality on site
- An ability to manage sub-contractors
- Good knowledge of relevant roadworks specifications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Sick pay
- On-site parking
- Flexible working hours
- Company car
- Company pension
- Life insurance