Our client is an established infrastructure and utility outsourcing company. Operating throughout Ireland, the UK, Europe and The US, this company is undergoing continued growth. There are extensive employment opportunities across the business from Operative right up to Senior Management. The key area of expansion is in telecoms and power infrastructure. With long term framework contract’s in place, this is a great time to join!
The Contract Operations Manager will have P&L responsibility over a large regional telecom roll-out project. Reporting to director level, you will have direct management responsibility over the mid and junior tier field management team as well as the entire infield population. This will comprise of both direct and subcontract labour. You will also ensure best practise in health and safety, quality, cost management, operational excellence in civils and fibre construction, client relationship management, staff development and reporting to the company leadership team
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead field management and supervisory teams responsible for the extension, build and maintenance of the fixed-line network.
- Develop and implement the regional operating plan designed to exceed the KPI’s and SLA’s for operations with regards to both quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Budgetary and cost control for each project.
- Manage staff, oversee work schedules, and assign specific duties to ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation, environmental and Quality policies, procedures, and company policies.
- Build and manage credible, trusted advisor relationships with key client stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Manage the client relationship from the delivery perspective, ensuring client’s field operations teams are delivering to the agreed engagement terms.
- Ensure relevant client reporting is performed to agreed standards, schedule, and accuracy.
- Responsible for the indirect management of direct employees and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the definition of supplier performance service levels and responsible for the on-going monitoring and reporting of service delivery against agreed SLA’s
- Support Procurement team in the maintenance and ongoing management of supplier portfolio, including the proactive management of the contract renewals
- Responsible for the timely reporting and escalation of service delivery issues as they occur.
- Responsible for capacity management (where applicable) – includes responsibility for capacity forecasting and planning.
- Oversight for the billing process with suppliers and vendors, working closely with the company’s Financial Management & PMO team to ensure efficient operation of the process, including the reconciliation of invoices and management of billing disputes.
Experience & Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience at a senior level in utilities contracting.
- Proven record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with Senior Stakeholders, both internal and external
- Effective and skilled at contract negotiations
- Telecoms or Utilities experience would be a distinct advantage.