Due to the ongoing upgrade of telecommunications infrastructure across Ireland, Sparktel Recruitment are seeking to hire a Data Technician. You will be responsible for key maintenance work carried out across a number of data centres, exchanges and POP sites throughout Ireland. We offer a competitive day rate and vehicle plus plenty of opportunities for overtime including night work. With our client currently increasing their capacity for work, this is an excellent time to join.
As a data centre engineer, you will be responsible for existing network maintenance work & data centre fit outs across a number of clients in Ireland. Day to day duties include:
- Installation of metalwork, basket work and basic rack and stack services on site.
- Securing, dressing & pulling fibre cables from start point to separate servers.
- Fibre and Cable labelling as per clients statement of works.
- Copper Cable termination including Cat “x” and E1 terminations.
- Continuity, test and measurement of cable and fibre runs.
- Installing electrical cables to distribution panels.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience including I&C activity, test equipment, network build, etc.
- Develop fault diagnosis skills using OTDR & Ethernet/OSA testing procedures.
- Where required provide First Line Maintenance On-Call support for the current customer base.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met with documentation completed & submitted.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
- Compliant with Company/Customer Logging On/Offsite Procedures.
- Controls and Manages Risk Assessment and Method Statement documentation.
The ideal candidate will have the following
- Experience working in a data centre/exchange/POP environment.
- Demonstrate hands-on experience including I&C activity, test equipment, network build, etc.
- Ability to test with an OTDR or OSA.
- Experienced in the installation of vendor equipment.
- Experience working in a data centre/exchange environment.
- EIR accreditation would be beneficial.
- Flexible working approach & ability to work on call.
What’s on offer:
- €40,000 – €45,000 per annum.
- Overtime rates available (x 1.5 on Saturday, Double time on Sunday).
- 20 days holidays.
- Vehicle provided.
- All training costs covered.
- Night shift work available.