Sparktel Recruitment, in association with the National Broadband Plan, are seeking to hire a Fibre Network Delivery Manager. You will be joining a diverse team of people intent on delivering Irelands largest ever telecommunications project. Your main responsibilities will be to manage one or more contractors for deliver Irelands fastest FTTH network. The role will ensure that the compliance, reporting and liaison requirements of the programme office are implemented effectively in the delivery team. With the project only kicking off, there has never been a better time to join!
- Liaise with delivery manager to plan and organise workload for completion by Contractor.
- Oversee an ambitious delivery programme of OLT’s on a National Basis using an outsourced service provider.
- Develop and manage contractor production plan to meet workload and deliverable timelines.
- Implement a structured contractor supervision process.
- Proactively manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy works elements.
- Ensure all work is released for the contractor in a timely and efficient manner by the programme executives.
- Liaise with Procurement Division to identify and resolve any materials availability issues.
- Support the programme manager with timely reports on performance on work completion to aid forecasting, capital planning etc.
- Ensure all appropriate As-built inventory records are submitted to the design manager in a timely manner
- Encourage responsiveness in the Contractor community and drive response to changing business needs and priorities.
- Deliver accurate and timely material forecasts to the Procurement Manager.
- Support the Permits manager and include work fluidity in the management process.
- Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that are targeted at improving organisation performance and delivery of orderly build projects.
- Proactively manage stakeholders to ensure the continuing success and reputation of the business.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience in operational management roles essential
- 5 years’ experience in a Field operations technical role.
- Experience in Active Fibre Equipment Deployment an advantage.
- Good Knowledge of Optical Line Termination units
- Knowledge Of Nokia Active Equipment an advantage.
- Experience of working in Exchanges an advantage.
- Experience in large Utility Infrastructure contract delivery, preferably telecommunications.
- Experience of the operational process in an accredited environment (ISO, etc.) an advantage
- Project management qualification an advantage.
- Strong problem-solving capability with a “can-do” attitude
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping a focus on objectives
- Strong team player
What’s on offer:
- €50,000 – €60,000 Annual Salary (DOE)
- Bonus of 5%
- 22 days holidays
- Health Cover for Employee.
- 6% matched pension contribution
- Income Protection @ 75%
- Life Assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Educational Assistance for relevant courses