Sparktel Recruitment is seeking to hire a Network Designer in West Dublin. You will join one of Irelands largest telecommunications project in history, allowing customers access to high speed fibre networks never seen before. This is a 7 year framework contract, rolled out all over Ireland. You will be joining at the start of the project with opportunities to progress onto different roles.
The Network designer will ensure that network design is carried out in accordance to design, job pack and quality criteria. The majority of this work is outsourced to a number of contractors. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality standards across the board. The role will also support the Design Manager in the generation of the Design input packs for each deployment area and oversee data handover to the nominated contract resource. Other duties include
- Monitor design contractor quality compliance against the Design Manager’s standards through ongoing quality audits
- Monitor compliance by the contracted design resources with job pack standards.
- Oversee and QA the Implementation the Network Design Principles by contractor
- Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
- Apply the network Architecture compliance checks on contractor produced detailed designs.
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director’s plan
- Oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations by contracted design operatives.
- Oversee compliance with environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Work with the Regional Design Manager to develop and deliver cohesive delivery schedule.
- Support the Regional Design manager to Implement the Departmental Authorisation to proceed process.
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager with timely delivery of access request packs.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 + years experience in an FTTH design role.
- Ability to successfully supervise external partners/vendors
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of permit and wayleave process and requirements.
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
Whats on offer:
- €45,000 – €50,000 Annual Salary (DOE)
- Bonus of 5%
- 22 days holidays
- Health Cover for Employee.
- 6% matched pension contribution
- Income Protection @ 75%
- Life Assurance of 4 times annual salary
- Educational Assistance for relevant courses