Sparktel Recruitment has teamed up with a leading telecoms company to hire permanent, full-time and experienced fibre splicing technicians to cover the Dublin & Kildare area. Our client is one of the top telecom providers in the country to roll out the latest fibre network.
Working for the field operations manager, you will be involved in fibre splicing, working on the current live network and adhering to the instructions of the design team. You will be working on public roads as well as near business and customer premises and will need to work as per company quality, legal and health and safety standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to fusion and mechanically splice fibre optic cables.
- Ability in using OTDRs, fibre scopes and insertion loss testing.
- Working on live networks, and planning outages.
- Carrying out fault finding and testing on the fibre optic cable.
- Follow design schematics drafted by the design team and management direction.
- Ability to work at heights and in various challenging field environments
- Ability to maintain and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings, and network design maps
- Ability to operate communications devices and company vehicles in accordance with company policies
- Ability to adhere to strict Health & Safety Guidelines and procedures as set out by the company.
- Ability to perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working on FTTB and FTTP projects an advantage
- Some training certificates in fibre splicing and testing
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with colleagues, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Average salary of €45,000 – €50,000 per annum
- 20 days holidays
- Permanent contract
- Company van & handheld device
- Lunch Subsistence – €10 tax-free per day.
- High volume a density of work available
- Extensive opportunity to gain internal training and promotions to become a crew leader to site supervisor and on to management
- Sponsored training courses to obtain various work licences and accreditations as required.