Sparktel, are looking to hire experienced Fibre Splicing Technicians to work on the fixed-line telecoms network in 2-person crews. You will be working to build and maintain Ireland’s Fibre Infrastructure, specifically for the National Broadband Plan NBP. We are looking for people with various levels of experience along with ‘ready-to-go’ crews.
*This is essential work and is unaffected by current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Splicing fibre cables on the fixed-line telecoms network.
- Testing the network via ODTR’s, fibre scopes and insertion loss testing
- Carry out fault-finding and fixing on the network.
- Working on both the Underground (UG) and Overhead (OH) network.
- Carry out traffic management at each site, as required.
- Follow and interpret network design maps.
- Report on all work competed via iPad/phone.
- Work alongside Cabling and Civils teams daily.
- Liaise with Field Manager’s daily.
- Provide the highest level of H&S standards at each site.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required by your Field Manager
- Permanent, full-time contract with guaranteed 5 or 6 days’ work per week.
- A high-density of work.
- All work provided to you on your iPad and full field support.
- Average weekly pay of €700 – €900+ (with performance bonus).
- Stand-down, weekly rate of €600.
- Equipment, tools and PPE provided.
- Vehicle provided for work purposes per crew.
- Phone and iPad provided per team.
What do you need?
- Experience in fibre splicing on FTTB/FTTH projected preferred.
- Full, clean driver’s licence (B Category)
- Manual Handling
- Some training certificates in fibre splicing and testing
- Flexibility around travelling
- Ability to use a hand-held device (iPad/Smartphone)