Sparktel, are looking to hire experienced Fibre Splicing Technicians to work on the fixed-line telecoms network. You will be working in 2-person teams to build and maintain Ireland’s Fibre Infrastructure, specifically for the National Broadband Plan NBP.
.*This is essential work and is unaffected by current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Splicing fibre cables on the fixed-line telecoms network.
- Testing the network via ODTR’s, fibre scopes and insertion loss testing
- Carry out fault-finding and fixing on the network.
- Working on both the Underground (UG) and Overhead (OH) network.
- Carry out traffic management at each site, as required.
- Follow and interpret network design maps.
- Report on all work completed via iPad/phone.
- Work alongside Cabling and Civils teams daily.
- Liaise with Field Manager’s daily.
- Provide the highest level of H&S standards at each site.
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required by your Field Manager
- Permanent, full-time contract with guaranteed 5 or 6 days’ work per week.
- A high-density of work.
- All work provided to you on your iPad and full field support.
- Average weekly pay of €900+.
- Daily subsistence of 10-20€
- New equipment, tools and PPE provided.
- Vehicle provided for work purposes pre team.
- Phone and iPad provided per team.
What do you need?
- Experience in fibre splicing on FTTB/FTTH projected preferred.
- Full, clean driver’s licence (B Category)
- Manual Handling
- Flexibility around travelling
- Ability to use a hand-held device (iPad/Smartphone)