Operating on the full unionised pay, overtime, pension and working time rates, Sparktel is hiring an experienced Electrician. Your employer will be a growing Infrastructure services company who specialise in telecoms and engineering. You will join the field operations team where you will apply your electrical knowledge to support the company on the build and maintenance of network facilities.
The Field Electrician works with the engineering and project teams to ensure best practice is achieved in electrical installation, repair, servicing and certifications. This is a mobile role where you will take charge of works in your local region. Overtime and weekend work is plentiful but not mandatory.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the project team and responsible for electrical aspects of major maintenance and build projects on telecoms sites.
- Receiving allocated duties as per project plan and ensuring works completed to company quality and health and safety standards.
- Recording completed works and detailing completions as well as issues through handheld reporting devices.
- Installation and Commissioning of DC power & UPS systems
- Liaising with the customer to ensure safety protocols are in place prior to works (site outages etc)
- Liaising with the Health & Safety office to ensure all H&S standards are adhered to
- Logging and reporting to the Project Manager relevant info on all site works
- Gathering documented information on all works to report to the customer
- Earthing and earth test reading’s
- Swapping out power supply units to facilitate equipment upgrades
- Installing Smart meters on site
- Installing, upgrading and certifying onsite AC power supply
- Pre and Post RECI testing and certification
- Trouble shooting problems
- Installing Battery Backup units to power supply and Radio Units
- DC Cabling and powering up sites
- Level 6 Electrical Qualification
- Some industrial or telecoms experience an advantage but not a dealbreaker
- A steady and conscientious approach to work.
- Good technical competence but open to learning new skills within the industry.
- Organised and able to work as part of a team.
- Full driver’s license
What is on offer
- €24.50 – €25 for first 39 hours.
- Time and a half on 39+ hours Mon to Fri
- Double time for weekend work.
- On call allowance lump sum and overtime on any call outs. 8 to 10 week rotations.
- Sick pay
- Union membership and representation
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Tools, equipment and PPE.
- Full training provided.
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to email@example.com, or call our office on +353 15563330 to find out more.