Sparktel is partnering with a leading food production company to recruit a Health and Safety Coordinator. This person will report to the Head of H&S and join a growing HSQ team. You will receive full training within the position as well as support on any necessary educational programmes. This role would suit someone coming from a Health and Safety, Environmental, or Food Science background.
- Supporting and working with the site management team to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
- Facilitating compliance with Health & Safety & Welfare Legislation and Guidelines
- In addition to the H&S department, you will work closely with the site production, management, supervisory, and engineering teams
- Supporting quality department ensuring best in class production and adherence to client and regulatory standards.
- Supporting continuous improvement in terms of environmental practices and company adherence to internal and external standards.
- Some key H&S responsibilities will include risk assessments, SOP’s, training new starters, pre-start inspections, accident investigations, reporting on general H&S compliance.
- Liaising with official regulatory bodies across H&S, Environmental, and Quality.
- BSc/Diploma in Health & Safety, Food Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Previous experience in one of the above disciplines.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office – PowerPoint, Excel, and safety management software
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees, supervisors, and production managers
- Good communication skills
- Experience conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- €30,000 – €33,000 per year
- 23 days holidays
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free Parking