Sparktel is partnering closely with a leading infrastructure services company to hire a Health and Safety Advisor. The company are heavily involved in building and maintaining utilities infrastructure. This role would suit someone with 1 to 2 years’ experience who is looking for a career-defining role. There will be extensive support to the new employee in terms of learning about the business and the role of Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS), in its success.
The Health and Safety Advisor assists in providing regulatory advice relating to EHS issues affecting the business and promoting a culture of compliance regarding EHS. He/she is a key advisor ensuring that EHS risk is managed within the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the EHS management system to control risk when appropriate.
- Driving internal education relating to EHS management, through toolbox talks and internal communication channels.
- Regular reviews and updates of Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, and communicating any updates across the company.
- Investigation, recording, and reporting accidents, incidents, and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- To identify new and on-going safety-related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Assisting in the development of EHS policies, programmes, and management systems.
- To conduct audits and reviews across the business and to identify areas of risk and opportunities for improvement. Recommend and drive appropriate actions to address risks identified and pursue new opportunities.
- Pro-actively assist the business in improving EHS compliance through engagement with Project Managers, Operations, Warehouse, and field-based staff and third-party contractors in order that the business can achieve its strategic objectives in a compliant manner.
- Manage, investigate and report EHS matters in accordance with company policies.
- Investigate all EHS incidents, accidents, and non-conformances to establish root causes and implement required management system improvements.
- Ensure that investigations/legal proceedings involving or relating to EHS are proactively and professionally managed.
- Monitor emerging EHS legislation/trends and analyse impact to the business
- Level 8 Degree in Health and Safety or a related discipline
- Will also consider a Diploma should you have practical experience
- Experience of working across environmental, quality management, occupational health, and safety management systems
- Good IT skills and capable of using MS Office
- Good communicator and able to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organisation
What’s on offer:
- Excellent base salary
- Company vehicle
- Laptop and phone