Sparktel is partnering with a leading food production company to recruit an experienced Health and Safety Coordinator. You will report to the Risk Manager and will work closely with a growing H&S team. You will receive full training within the position, as well as support with any necessary educational programmes. This role would suit someone coming from a Health and Safety, Environmental or Food Science background, who is highly motivated and looking to progress their career in Health and Safety.
- Supporting and working with the site management team to ensure a safe working environment for all employees
- Facilitating compliance with Health & Safety & Welfare Legislation and Guidelines
- In addition to the H&S department you will work closely with the site production, management, supervisory and engineering teams
- Supporting quality department ensuring best in class production and adherence to client and regulatory standards.
- Supporting continuous improvement in terms of environmental practises and company adherence to internal and external standards.
- Some key H&S responsibilities will include risk assessments, SOP’s, training new starters, pre-start inspections, accident investigations, reporting on general H&S compliance.
- Liaising with official regulatory bodies across H&S, Environmental and Quality.
- BSc/Diploma in Health & Safety, Food Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Previous experience in one of the above disciplines.
- Experience in writing policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office – PowerPoint, Excel, and safety management software
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees, supervisors, and production managers
- Good communication skills
- Experience conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within a food production environment would be beneficial
- €34,000 – €36,000 per year
- 23 days holidays
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Free Parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €34,000.00-€36,000.00 per year