Sparktel have partnered with a leading food production company to appoint a Health and Safety Manager to lead and develop the strategy across two of their sites. Working with divisional leadership, the Health & Safety Manager will be responsible for over 260 staff within a food production environment.
This role would suit someone coming from a Health and Safety, Environmental or Food Science background, who is highly motivated and looking to progress their career in Health and Safety.
As the Health and Safety Manager within a multi-site environment your duties include:
- Development of H&S procedures, policies, and programs.
- Supporting and working with the site management team to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Facilitating compliance with Health & Safety & Welfare Legislation and Guidelines
- In addition to the H&S department you will work closely with the site production, management, supervisory and engineering teams.
- Supporting quality department ensuring best in class production and adherence to client and regulatory standards.
- Supporting continuous improvement in terms of environmental practises and company adherence to internal and external standards.
- Identifying training requirements and facilitate training as needed.
- Some key H&S responsibilities will include risk assessments, SOP’s, training new starters, pre-start inspections, accident investigations, reporting on general H&S compliance.
- Liaising with official regulatory bodies across H&S, Environmental and Quality.
- Conducting internal audits and ensuring compliance at all times.
- BSc/Diploma in Health & Safety, Food Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Health & Safety role
- Experience in writing policies and procedures
- Proficient in MS Office – PowerPoint, Excel, and safety management software
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees, supervisors, and production managers.
- Experience conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Experience working within a food production or a manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to €40,000.00 per year