Sparktel is now inviting applications for the following position
Managing Director – Telecoms
Our client is a well-funded and established provider of design, construction, and installation services for the telecoms infrastructure industry. Reporting to the board, you will be responsible for the full operational, commercial, and people management of the entity as well as the implementation of the strategic vision for the next decade.
You will be responsible for:
- Provide overall direction and leadership in the management of the company and all its parts
- Develop and implement the strategic and business objectives in association with the Board
- The overall operational management of the organisation and all associated contracts.
- Full P&L responsibility for the company
- Leading and developing the existing management team as well as looking to acquire new talent for growth.
- Maximising financial returns on existing projects as well as carefully pricing and negotiating new tender agreements.
- Day to day operational management across back-office, field resources as well as support services, i.e. health and safety, coordination, hr, and finance.
- Assist the Board in formulating and reviewing policies for all aspects of the business
- Devise and manage targets and performance standards for all employees and key areas of the business plan
- Regular liaison and progress reporting to the board of directors.
- Continuing to forge strong relationships with existing clients as well as winning new business across Ireland and the UK.
- Driving as well as improving the overall strategic vision and culture of the organisation.
- An experienced management professional with a successful track record in telecoms infrastructure.
- Good technical understanding of the telecoms industry technology and contract lifecycles.
- Strong insight into the commercial topography of the Irish telecoms market.
- Proven ability to develop, grow, and lead multiskilled teams.
- Desire to push business growth by driving operational excellence, proactively seeking out new opportunities, and leveraging the resources of the entire organisation.
- Strong commercial acumen and track record in running multi-million Euro contracts whilst achieving positive margin outcomes.
- Ability to develop a positive culture that will ensure retaining and attracting market-leading talent.
- Demonstrated capabilities in business improvements and change management
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills