Our client is an established and fast-growing media printing company with state-of-the-art facilities based across the Island of Ireland and Britain.
Due to ongoing growth, they are currently hiring Mechanical Production Technicians. This is a mixed role where you will be actively engaged in both the production and maintenance elements of a high-speed volume production facility.
There is excellent pay and conditions. There is however a vast array of technical aspects to the role and the right candidate must be prepared to engage in continuous learning and development.
You will join the maintenance team to carry out electrical and where competent mechanical preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on all plant and equipment. In addition, the production technician will also help prepare, maintain, and operate all production and associated equipment. This is a new and a non-traditional, flexible, work environment where there are no boundaries between maintenance and production
What you will be doing each day:
- Carry out preventative & corrective maintenance tasks, either mechanical or electrical where qualified), and record these tasks in the preventative maintenance system.
- Managing repairs to restore plant function in the event of breakdown.
- Liaising with other shifts, technicians, team leaders and managers to ensure smooth operation over the continuous system.
- Set up, program, and operate lines to include electrical/electronic adjustment and control systems.
- Manage and help design Standard Operating Procedures to quality, time and waste goals.
- Operate relevant computer and management reporting systems as required.
- Operate fork trucks, clamp trucks, electric pallet trucks and hand pallet trucks.
What do you need?
- Mechanical Fitter or diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Trained in machining, pneumatics, hydraulics etc.
- Experience in Instrumentation, Automation, PLC Programming an advantage.
- Genuine interest in being a part of the full 360 production and maintenance team.
- Good IT skills.
- Fork truck license an advantage.
- Understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities and their application to the workplace.
- Previous shift working experience in maintenance within a high-speed manufacturing.
- You want to achieve results through technical excellence and a positive attitude.
- You have the drive and initiative to work under minimum Supervision.
- You can remain rational and calm under pressure and inspires confidence in others to deliver rapid solutions.
- You can work and achieve with team members with diverse technical backgrounds.
What’s in it for you:
- €45,000 – €55,000 per year.
- Shift allowance.
- Bonus pay (Quarterly).
- Company pension.
- 20 days holidays.
- Free parking.
- Educational support programme.
- Canteen facilities.