Our client is one of the largest utilities companies in the UK and are looking to hire Experienced Polling Gangs on a permanent basis with direct contracts available. You will be working on some of the largest telecoms infrastructure projects to build and maintain Scotland’s fixed line telecoms infrastructure. You will be part of a 2 or 3 man gang and will report to a Field Manager.
This is essential, permanent and long-term work and is unaffected by current COVID-19 restrictions!
What will you be doing
- Installation and removal of poles, including dressing new poles.
- Replacing and renewing existing drop-wires.
- Replacing and renewing OH joints on the network.
- Installation of new OH cable along with replacing current cable as required.
- Using poling trucks and lorry-mounted augers to dig and erect poles.
- Cary out some light civils work for digging out and backfilling/reinstating around newly erected/replaced poles.
- Carry out traffic management at each site.
- Ensure all work is planned correctly in line with the companies Health & Safety standards.
- Maintain records and daily work logs, data recording and updating network maps.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
What you need
- Previous experience working on OH FTTB/FTTP poling projects.
- Knowledge of the Road Network of Scotland.
- Be flexible and have the ability to travel with the work.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Hardworking with a positive attitude/strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- Experience and ability to use hand-held devices such as an iPad/smartphone.
Each gang must comprise of the following accreditations:
- CE driving licence*.
- NRSWA Unit 2 Streetworks qualification (minimum).
- HIAB accreditation.
- BT Accreditations – an advantage.
- Valid IPAF ticket – an advantage.
- Experience driving and using a poling wagon + HIAB.
- Basic jointing experience.
- Experience working at heights in challenging environments.
*Only 1 gang member required a CE/HGV Licence. All other members require a valid B Category driving licence.
What is on offer
- Permanent, full-time contract direct with our client.
- Competitive rates.
- Guaranteed 5 or 6 days’ work per week.
- 24 day’s holidays + 9 public holidays.
- Access to company vehicles for gangs.
- Long-term work available.
- All work provided to you on your iPad and full field support.
- New equipment, tools and PPE provided.
- Phone and iPad provided per gang.