Sparktel Recruitment is partnering with a leading manufacturing company to recruit a Production Manager. This role is part of a greater succession planning structure for the company and the hope is the successful person will develop within the role and move upwards within the company. It is also hoped that the successful candidate will bring about a fresh approach to current practices, policies and procedures and be instrumental in developing the overall culture of the company.
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving company Key Performance Indicators. The role will also require the candidate to improve production efficiencies and reduce costs in what is a fast-paced food environment whilst also ensuring compliance with Health & Safety and Quality standards.
- Managing general operator population through the leadership of team supervisors.
- Optimising process flow of product through careful resource management as well as applying lean philosophies.
- Managing stakeholder relationships across the factory site.
- Support the Health & Safety team with regards to risk assessments and accident reporting.
- Collating key production information and reporting to the Head of Production.
- Manage and deliver on KPI’s along with introducing new metrics when necessary.
- Instil a drive for quality assurance standards among the team.
- Ensure a constant review of current processes to ensure standards are maintained and/or exceeded.
- Manage and lead department employees in line with the company’s core values and behaviours.
- Experience in a similar role
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- Someone with leadership skills and a genuine desire to develop and nurture employees.
- Have a progressive attitude to one’s own self-development.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ambitious and career driven.
- Possess strong time management and organisational skills.
- Analytical approach to solving problems and striving for greater quality.
- Experience of working within a volume production facility and operating to lean principles.