Our client is a large-scale food production company with a long-standing reputation in the industry. With a large team of production, quality, environmental, health & safety and engineering professionals, they are undergoing continued growth. It is hoped this person will bring a fresh approach to current practices, policies and procedures and be instrumental in developing the overall culture of the company.
This is a full time, permanent contract. You will report to the production manager and you will be responsible for managing the production team on your shift. You will also work to ensure all KPI’s are on target and that the plant is operating to the highest standard relating to quality and H&S. A major focus of this role will be to manage your team in a way that encourages a productive, positive, and safe environment for all employees.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing a large population of general operatives in line with the company’s core values.
- Working with the production manager, and general operatives to maximise productivity.
- Lead your team in a way that ensures quality is maintained at the highest standard possible.
- Working with the engineering department to keep on top of maintenance schedules.
- Support the Health & Safety team with risk assessments and accident reporting.
- Work with HR to ensure all policies and procedures are complied with.
- To have a focus on lean philosophies.
- To be in constant review of current processes to ensure standards are maintained and/or exceeded.
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and a genuine desire to develop and nurture employees.
- Strong ability to communicate at all levels.
- 3 years of FMCG/production experience.
- 2 years’ experience of managing a large team.
- A qualification in food and/or management.
- €50,000 per year
- KPI bonus
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- Pension Contribution
- Free Parking