Our client is one of the UK’s leading Infrastructure companies. With operations across the UK and Ireland as well as some EU based companies, they continue to experience rapid growth across the utility sectors. This role is within their Telecoms Build Division.
As a Programme Manager you will drive delivery of targeted Fibre roll out programmes to KPIs, Service Level Agreements and escalations. This is a remote based position, but you will also have access to a network of offices across the UK.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Devising key lead times for the key dependencies impacting on the programme
• Agree Programme of Works with internal operations as well as with client.
• Direct operations against the programme (management of the programme)
• Proactively manage milestone achievement and flag variances from plan to the relevant stakeholders.
• You will be responsible updating the programme based on actual data relayed from the field resources.
• Reporting necessary information in order to establish progress, issues faced and remedial actions
• Tracks and Mitigates Risks and Change Management
• Ensure (SLA’s) are exceeded
• Liaise directly with the Client, attend regular project review meetings and address Client concerns
• Plan, direct, reporting on and coordinate project budgets and programmes
• Plan and monitor the use of human resources and materials across programmes
• Escalate through the required channels risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
• Overall end to end delivery of the project
Desired Skills and Experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role is essential
• A good understanding of managing Risk, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies and Escalations.
• Fibre infrastructure project network experience desirable
• Telecom or utility industry experience
• Good knowledge of Microsoft packages including MS Project
• Communication and leadership aptitude.
• Resource and financial planning skills
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times