One of Europe’s leading infrastructure service companies is delivering on major utility builds across Northern Ireland, ROI, and the UK. They are currently undertaking an ambitious national telecoms infrastructure rollout project, and with long-term sizable contracts in place, this is an excellent opportunity to join!
The works to be carried out are deemed an essential service at present, so are continuing through current government restrictions. All employees must strictly adhere to government guidelines to promote a safe working environment for all.
You will be responsible for the programme management of one of the largest infrastructure projects in Northern Ireland and will be expected to successfully deliver the programmes in line with company deliverables and client agreements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting into the Project Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring all key programme milestones are reached by supporting and guiding all key stakeholders.
- Co-ordination and tracking of field resources as well as ensuring sufficient back office support
- Allocating resources efficiently and effectively throughout the project.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of progress reports for Project Manager as well as for client.
- Act as a point of contact for up to date programme progress for internal and external stakeholders.
- Promptly identify any working constraints that could provide an obstacle to the achievement of any objectives.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators on a weekly basis and provide a report to Project Mangers.
- Manage the creation and updating of work stream reports for the Contract Managers and client.
- Track all spend and ensuring budget constraints being met to ensure margin goals.
- Act as the primary contact for the escalation process, ensuring these are dealt with in a timely manner and to a successful conclusion.
- Team management of back office coordination and scheduling team.
- Previous programme management experience within the utilities industry.
- IT Proficiency – Microsoft Office (ideally with expertise in the application of programme management software)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Up to £50,000 (DOE)
- 24 days annual leave
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Laptop and phone
- Educational assistance
- Opportunity for remote working