One of Europe’s leading infrastructure service companies is delivering on major utility builds across Northern Ireland, ROI, and the UK. They are currently undertaking an ambitious national telecoms infrastructure rollout project, and with long-term framework contracts in place, this is an excellent opportunity to join!
The works to be carried out are deemed an essential service at present, so are continuing through current government restrictions. All employees must strictly adhere to government guidelines to promote a safe working environment for all.
Reporting to the NI Leadership team you will be provide overall management and co-ordination of technical teams, technical activities, stakeholder communication and change management activities on one of largest infrastructure projects in Northern Ireland.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement the programme of works across the field and back office functions as per budgetary, quality, health, and safety as well as timeline goals.
- Oversee the co-ordination of both direct employees and subcontractors in a planned and controlled manner ensuring efficiency and minimising costs.
- Drive field management team as well as support services on the project.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure the project is safely delivered on time, to budget and achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Review budget and timescales and reporting effectively on variance.
- Identify, measure, communicate and manage problems, risks and issues which may affect the successful delivery of the project.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and supporting 3rd party providers as appropriate.
- Act as a point of contact, managing relationships with all stakeholders, consultants, and service providers.
- Strong track record of managing projects within the utilities sector.
- Knowledge of telecommunication infrastructure build programs desired but not applicable.
- Ability to lead, motivate and manage a multidisciplinary team.
- IT Proficiency
- Excellent client management skills.
- Commercial and contractual awareness.
- Up to £65,000 (DOE)
- Company vehicle
- 24 days annual leave
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- Laptop and phone
- Educational assistance