Our client is a leading distributor of engineering materials and solutions to the multi-utility, infrastructure, and construction sectors. For the past 10 years the company has developed its products and services across an even broader range of applications and markets, thanks mainly to unrivalled specialist technical knowledge, built over decades of individual and combined experience, together with their policy of only partnering with recognised industry leaders.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will focus on maintaining and developing sales revenue with an existing client base. You will manage the complete sales cycle and client relationship as well as internal relationships to ensure identification of opportunities to cross-sell the Company’s complete product portfolio.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and grow existing customer accounts as well as looking to incrementally grow the company’s client base.
- Work closely with in-house Technical Sales Specialists to maximise sales opportunities.
- Generate enquiries and orders for the full product range whilst maximising company profits.
- Act as a key company contact and educator for new potential partners
- Negotiate price, delivery, and specifications with buyers.
- Provide customer base with all relevant technical support across the full range of the product portfolio.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to co-ordinate and schedule all direct to site deliveries with customers.
- Grow relationships with key suppliers and assisting in purchasing strategy.
- Carry out market research, competitor analysis as well a customer surveys
- Identify and report on new product and market opportunities.
- Maintain a live project log for all customer projects and report monthly to management
- Maintain information for input into branch/company computerised customer and prospect database.
- In-put into stock requirements and stock turn levels at depot and regional level
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Adherence to all company health & safety and operational procedures
- Work as part of the wider sales and business unit teams
- Must have excellent communication skills, be self-motivated and have high standards of professional conduct.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and a general good standard and knowledge of I.T. systems
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on first class customer service
- Full clean driving license
- Competitive base salary
- 25 days holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Company car