Sparktel is partnering with a leading infrastructure services company to hire a Senior Commercial Administrator. The company are heavily involved in building and maintaining utilities infrastructure. This role would suit someone with experience in utilities or construction who is looking to progress their career in operations management. There will be extensive support to the new employee in terms of learning about the business.
The successful candidate will be joining the utilities operations division. You will support field management in controlling field data with regards contract progress and day to day works. You will be responsible for controlling and reporting on WIP as well as Debtors. You will ensure all applications for payments are submitted in a timely manner. Track and approve all subcontractor and client payment to ensure they are paid within their SLA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting key operational management in ensuring efficient commercial administration.
- Driving field compliance with in-house job tracking ERP system.
- Reconciling all completed field invoicing with actual recorded works.
- Track and approve all subcontractor and client payment to ensure they are paid within their SLA.
- Analysing and coordinating financial data to produce analytical reports.
· Performing troubleshooting and testing tasks on new system integrations.
· Assisting new starters to use paperless workflow system.
· Calculating project costs and presenting agreeable sign off by client.
· Liaising and communicating with project managers to ensure project deadlines were met.
· Analysing and co-ordinating data for the accounts department to enable accurate reporting on WIP’s and debtors.
· Checking and approving invoices from subcontractors and suppliers
· Raising Purchase Orders for payment to subcontractors and suppliers.
· Creating payment applications for the client
· Producing and controlling sales invoices to facilitate company cash flow
· Raising additional purchase orders as per deviations or extra works and keeping accurate records of same
· Assisting commercial and operational teams in pricing new works for the purpose of tenders.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial administration experience
- Background in utilities or construction
- Strong IT skills and acumen
- Good communication skills.
- Proven experience working in a similar environment
- Excellent organisation skills with attention to detail
- Numeracy skills
· Work from home opportunities
· Bonus scheme
· On-site parking
· 24 days holidays
· Company events & social hours