Our client is one of Europe’s leading utility infrastructure firms. The company is experiencing significant growth across the UK and Ireland. They specialise in the design, build and maintenance of utilities infrastructure networks. With large and long-term framework contracts in place, this is a great time to join a growing organisation.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to join the firm’s large HSEQ team.
Key contracts are in the areas of design, build and maintenance of telecoms and power infrastructure. Your primary role will be to ensure a safe work environment for all field engineers but also to support the overall team on quality and environmental best practise. You will help to lead a culture of safety across all contracts. You will report directly to the Head of HSEQ for Ireland and contribute to the overall strategy of the department.
- The Senior HSEQ Advisor will provide general support and assistance to the Head of HSEQ for Ireland and the team of 60 advisors across Ireland and the UK
- Development of the HSEQ Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQ statutory duties is achieved
- Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement
- Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans, Client Reports etc
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works
- Writing risk assessments and method statements
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001 (45001), 14001 & 9001;
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues
- Assisting with Leading and Lagging Indicators to improve company performance including KPI’s
- Engaging employees for consultation and communication
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc
- Providing advice and assistance to the field management on practical management of site work and HSEQ management systems
- Reporting directly & promptly to the HSEQ Dept on all matters
- Producing and implementing HSEQ Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and other site documentation
- Reviewing site HSEQ documentation to ensure it meets legal requirements
- Relevant experience in HSEQ at the same level with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Preferably BSc (Hons) Occupational Health & Safety, NEBSOH Diploma or Higher Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent
- Minimum of Graduate Member of IOSH and current CPD, Preferably CMIOSH
- Fluent in Microsoft packages
- Good standard of written English essential.
- Previous experience of working in a similar field
- A proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating policies
- An understanding of the regulatory sector and the management of risk
- Experience of building a strong and consistent culture of safety throughout an organisation.
- Salary: €60,000 to €65,000 per annum
- Company Vehicle
- Laptop and phone
- Training and educational sponsorship
- Life assurance
Related Jobs (15)
Senior Health & Safety Advisor – Clondalkin, Dublin on January 7, 2022 Full Time Permanent