Sparktel Recruitment are currently looking for a Senior QC Fibre Designer to join our client. You will be a part of a multinational team to deliver one of the largest Fibre Networks worldwide. With a rise in remote working, there is a greater need for upgraded telecoms infrastructure. As part of a multi-billion telecoms infrastructure company, you will help shape & design the project! This role is for both UK and Ireland Operations. You will be working across both regions based in the Irish HQ.
Reporting to the Fibre Design Manager, the Senior QC Fibre Designer will be responsible for the following:
· Leading and managing a talented team of Fibre Planning Supervisors.
· Implement & drive quality control processes.
· Ensure the design quality is of the highest level.
· Responsible for QC KPIs on submitted deliverables.
· Liaise with the Fibre Technical Manager for capacity planning.
· Overseeing the production of deliverables by the fibre design team across; Design, Optical Budgets, BOMs & BOQs, Environmental Compliance and H&S practices.
· Utilise High-Level Designs/Surveys to report the viability of customer connections.
· Data modelling along with building map and database environments.
· Liaise with Fibre Technical Manager for capacity planning.
· Ensure project scope and guidelines are implemented consistently.
· Provide support to bid and commercial teams as required.
· Mentor and develop Junior Fibre Planners.
· Ensure client satisfaction at all stages.
· 5 years’ experience in FTTx projects.
· An engineering degree is preferable.
· Experience in Network Planning and Design.
· Experience with network design packages such as GIS, ArcGIS, MAPinfo, AutoCAD or similar.
· Analytical and detail orientated with a high level of flexibility.
· Ability to critique & analyse network drawings.
· Strong organisational and time management skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills in both oral and written communication.
· Excellent written and spoken English required.
· €45,000 – €55,000k Depending on Experience.
· 5% Pension.
· Remote Working Available.
· Travel Expenses if carrying out fieldwork.
· Career development opportunities.
· Vibrant Office Environment – Open plan.
· Social Club.
· Free Parking.