Our client is one of Europe’s leading utility infrastructure firms. The company is experiencing significant growth across the UK and Ireland. They specialise in the design, build and maintenance of utilities infrastructure networks. With large and long-term framework contracts in place, this is a great time to join a growing organisation.
We are currently recruiting a HSEQ Advisor to join the firm’s large HSEQ team. This role is a mix of office/WFH and field based. Your primary role will be to ensure a safe work environment for all field engineers but also to ensure the company is in line with all HSEQ legal obligations. You will help to lead a culture of safety across all contracts. You will report directly to the HSEQ Manager for Northern Ireland and contribute to the overall strategy of the department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of Construction Stage H&S Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc;
- Development & implementation of HSEQ policies and procedures;
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works;
- Writing risk assessments and method statements;
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 45001, 14001 & 9001;
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues;
- Assisting with Objectives and Targets to improve company performance including KPI’s;
- Engaging employees for consultation and communication;
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc;
- Providing advice and assistance to the Contract Managers, Operational Team Leads, Front Line Manager on practical management of site work and HSEQ management systems;
- Reporting directly & promptly to the HSEQ Manager (NI) on all matters;
- Producing and implementing HSEQ Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and other site documentation;
- Reviewing site HSEQ documentation to ensure it meets legal requirements;
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence;
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy;
- Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a similar industry
- Member of IOSH and current CPD
- Full Driving Licence
What’s on Offer?
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- Salary of £45,000 – £50,000 DOE
- KPI Bonus
- Vehicle and Fuel Card
- Laptop and Phone
- 25 Days Holidays
If you are interested in the above role, please email your CV to email@example.com, or call our office on +353 15563330 to find out more.