Sparktel Recruitment is partnered with a leading Telecoms Infrastructure company. They want to directly employ a Fibre Splicing Supervisor Full Time, Permanent basis. They have long term work on telecoms infrastructure projects throughout Northern Ireland.
The Splicing Supervisor will be a key member of their Telecoms division and will work with stakeholders such as senior management, clients, sub-contractors as well as state bodies. You will ensure that splicing is done to the required standard and report any faults. You will be in daily contact with the testing crews and senior management, ensuring a consistent and high standard of work.
- Daily contact with the testing crews via phone call.
- Review the test results from the previous day to ensure that the test specification has been met.
- Mark up the Testing map when the tests have been completed to either a pass or fail.
- Identify back to appropriate manager that these tests are a failure and why.
- Manage the passing over of completed test results to the client for timely completion of handovers.
- Plan and assign work to crews so that the work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Track daily progress of the crews and report back any issues.
- Hold meetings with external partners and deliver the requirements to meet the program.
- Understanding of Optical testing including:
- OTDR testing
- iOLM tests (good to know but not critical)
- Optical Power Meter readings
- Good understanding of single line diagrams (SLDs) and splice plans.
- Ability to follow the build map and plan routes that can be tested (ArcGIS training will be provided in-house).
- Be an enthusiastic team player working with both internal and external teams.
- Computer literate with an ability to learn new programs and processes.
What is on offer
- Base salary of between £40,000 – £45,000 (DOE)
- Company bonus
- Ability to work from home.
- Pension Contribution of 3%
- 21 days holidays + public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Company vehicle & fuel card
- Company Phone and iPad
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£45,000.00 per year