Our client is a well-funded and established provider of design, construction, and maintenance services for the telecoms infrastructure industry across Ireland and the UK. Considered a rising star within the industry, Its 100s of employees continue to drive the company to growth. Now is a great time to join the company as they expand their operations across Ireland.
The Splicing Supervisor will be a key member of their Telecoms division and will work with stakeholders such as senior management, clients, sub-contractors as well as state bodies. . You will ensure that splicing is done to the required standard and report any faults. You will be in daily contact with the testing crews and senior management, ensuring a consistent and high standard of work.
- Daily contact with the testing crews via phone call.
- Review the test results from the previous day to ensure that the test specification has been met.
- Mark up the Testing map when the tests have been completed to either a pass or fail.
- Identify back to appropriate manager that these tests are a failure and why.
- Manage the passing over of completed test results to the client for timely completion of handovers.
- Plan and assign work to crews so that the work can be completed in a timely manner.
- Track daily progress of the crews and report back any issues.
- Hold meetings with external partners and deliver the requirements to meet the program.
- Understanding of Optical testing including:
- OTDR testing
- iOLM tests (good to know but not critical)
- Optical Power Meter readings
- Good understanding of single line diagrams (SLDs) and splice plans.
- Ability to follow the build map and plan routes that can be tested (ArcGIS training will be provided in-house).
- Be an enthusiastic team player working with both internal and external teams.
- Computer literate with an ability to learn new programs and processes.
Job Type: Full-time