Sparktel, are looking to hire Experienced Sub-ducting Crews to work on the fixed-line telecoms network. You will be working to build and maintain Ireland’s Fibre Infrastructure, specifically for the National Broadband Plan NBP. We are looking for people with various levels of experience along with ‘ready-to-go’ crews.
As a Sub-ducting Crew member, you will work in a 3-man crew and report to the site/field manager. You will be responsible for working on the fixed-line network carrying out the following duties:
· Installing sub-ducting in various locations.
· Rodding & roping of ducts to ensure they are clear.
· Testing and certifying sub-ducts are clear for fibre blowing teams.
· Locating, identifying, and clearing blockages.
· Marking out large blockages for civils crews.
· Ensure all work is planned correctly in line with the companies Health & Safety standards.
· Carry out traffic management at each site.
· Follow design schematics on a hand-held device.
· Maintain records and daily work logs, data recording and updating network maps.
· Provide a high standard of Health & Safety for fellow workers, the public and site visitors.
· Other duties as required by supervisor.
· Permanent, full-time contract with guaranteed 5 or 6 days’ work per week.
· A high-density of work.
· All work provided to you on your iPad and full field support.
· Average weekly pay of €700 – €1000.
· Stand down weekly rate of €600
· Vehicle, machinery, and all tools/equipment provided.
· Phone and iPad provided per team.
What do you need?
· Experience working in utilities or telecoms, an advantage.
· Experience using hand-held devices such as an iPad/smartphone.
· All crew members must have Safe Pass, Manual Handling and Full [B] Drivers Licence.
Each Crew must have:
· A BE Licence
· 3 Day SLG
· 3 Day First Aid