Sparktel Telecoms Recruitment Specialists are seeking to hire a Telecoms Field Surveyor for our client on a direct and permanent basis. You will support the National Survey Department by surveying underground telecoms routes for the UK’s largest network infrastructure build/upgrade project. This is a long-term project with plenty of opportunity for progression in a rapidly growing company.
What will you be doing?
- You will be helping to build the UK’s Fibre Broadband Network by surveying existing network routes for planned upgrade and expansion.
- Walking through allocated routes and validating proposed designs.
- Uploading completed surveys and collaborating with the Planning and Survey Departments.
- Providing key information from the field to the Planning/Survey Office, Field Managers, and advising cable and civil’s teams in the field.
- Working alongside Test, Rod, and Rope gangs daily and reporting findings back to HQ.
- Liaising with clients on-site as required.
- Manage all documentation being submitted back to HQ.
- Ensuring the highest possible quality of surveys carried out.
- Adhering to all Health & Safety procedures and ensuring field teams adhere to same.
What experience do you require?
- Experience working within Fixed Line telecoms is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of the Fixed Line Telecoms infrastructure.
- Flexible to travel and stay overnight if and when required.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and designs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Commercially minded with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organisation as well as clients, customers, and members of the public.
- Full driving licence.
- Valid NRSWA accreditation.
- BT Accreditations are desirable.
What do we offer?
- Direct contract with one of the UK’s largest infrastructure companies.
- Uninterrupted works – this is essential work and therefore, not affected by COVID-19.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension
- Vehicle + Fuel Card
- Life Assurance
- 25 company holidays + bank holidays
- Company car
- Life insurance
- Free or subsidised travel
- Company pension