Sparktel Telecoms Recruitment Specialists are seeking a 2-person Test, Rod & Rope Gang! You will support our client’s National Survey Department by checking ducting for blockages, defects, and capacity. This is a direct, full-time, and permanent job on a long-term project.
What do we offer!
- Direct contract with one of the UK’s largest infrastructure companies.
- Uninterrupted works – this is essential work and therefore, not affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
- Guaranteed 5 or 6-day’s work per week.
- Daily job packs provided to you on your iPad and full field support.
- Weekly pay.
- Full pay during all training.
- Fuel card + vehicle per team.
- All PPE, tooling, and equipment provided.
- Phone and iPad provided.
What will you be doing?
- You will be surveying underground cable routes as part of the National Survey Team to build and upgrade the UK’s Fibre Network Infrastructure.
- Roding and roping ducting to check for blockages and capacity.
- Clearing and/or reporting blockages back to supervisors as required.
- Roping ducting in preparation for cabling gangs.
- Surveying as per job pack and reporting back via iPad to Survey office.
- Providing key information and advice to cable and civil’s teams.
- Experience of cabling and/or civils within the telecoms industry.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight if and when required.
- Good Telecoms network knowledge.
- Ability to read basic network drawings and mark up changes on App.
- Good eye for detail.
- Valid NRSWA accreditation.
- Full B Driver’s License.
- Relevant BT Accreditations are desirable.
- Bonus scheme
- Company car
- Life insurance
- Free or subsidised travel
- Company pension