Sparktel are looking to hire a Utilities Field Manager to join our client who are leaders within the utilities industry across Northern Ireland. Operating throughout Ireland, the UK, Europe, and America, this company is undergoing continued rapid growth. The key area of expansion is in telecoms and power infrastructure. This role is classified as essential and will be unaffected by COVID-19 restrictions. Witha number of long-term framework contracts in place, this is a great time to join!
The Utilities Field Manager will allocate and manage the workload for local direct and subcontracting crews who are working on the telecoms and power network contracts in Northern Ireland. Crews will include civils, cabling, splicing, and installation teams.
What you will be responsible for?
- Supervision of direct Crews and Sub Contractors.
- Allocation of daily workload to crews.
- Taking on programmed job packs.
- Checking plans, drawings, and calculations.
- Resolving technical difficulties and monitoring quality.
- Adhering to all Health and Safety procedures and ensuring crews follow same.
- Managing contract documentation.
- Interpreting contract design documents.
- Liaising with clients/engineers and ensuring compliance with necessary regulations.
- Ensuring quality in line with specifications.
What Knowledge, Skills & Abilities do you require?
- 5+ Years of industry experience.
- NRSWA training.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Working knowledge of Telecommunications and or Electrical Infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate effectively and command respect.
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when necessary.
- Flexible to travel as necessary.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Commercially focused professional with the ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator and able to liaise with all levels of the organization as well as the client, sub-contractors, local authorities, and members of the public.
- Full, clean driving license.
What’s on Offer?
- £35,000 – £40,000 per year.
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays.
- Company Car.
- Pension Scheme.
- Work unaffected by COVID-19 restrictions!