Sparktel Telecoms Recruitment Specialists are seeking recruit an experienced Telecoms Engineer/Surveyor to join our client’s UK survey team
Our client provides field survey services to one of the world’s largest independent infrastructure design companies. In this role you will be allocated survey job packs that cover the existing fixed line fibre and copper networks. Using your industry knowledge and expertise you will review, analyse, and collect key data to be sent on to the design teams. Our client also works on surveying units for Electrical Vehicle Charge points.
This role will require travel across different regions within England and in particular the midlands region. A comprehensive pay, allowance and productivity package is in place.
What’s on Offer?
- Average price work earnings of £1,000 to £1,250 per week pre-tax.
- Unproductive stand down weekly pay of £640.
- There is a 40% uplift on price work pay on weekends.
- Full accounting and umbrella company set and support. Lower tax.
- Company Vehicle, fuel card, phone, tablet & any other equipment required to carry out surveys
- Uninterrupted works – this work is deemed critical and not affected by COVID-19 restrictions.
- Accommodation as and when required.
- Guaranteed 5 or 6-day’s work per week on a permanent basis.
- Pay processed weekly.
- Long term work opportunity. Note our client have been engaged in this work in the UK for the past 10 years.
What will you be doing?
- You will work off allocated job packs to pass units/properties.
- Surveying as per job pack and reporting back via iPad to Planning office.
- Reading civils maps
- Identifying road surfaces / types
- Identifying cabinets / manholes / network locations
- Taking measurements between points marked on the map
- Noting utilities and marking up on the map
- Identifying possible wayleave issues
- Identifying any health & safety hazards
- A typical pack of 420 properties takes on average 2.5 to 3 days. Typically, a surveyor achieving price work is making £1,000 to £1,250 per week.
- There is also an opportunity to survey Electric Vehicle Check surveys with average earnings of £200 to £250 per day. A 40% uplift applies here.
- Experience in utilities ideally telecoms or power.
- Previous survey experience is an advantage but experienced field engineers will be considered.
- Good utility network knowledge.
- Ability to read basic network drawings and mark up changes on App/I Pad.
- Good eye for detail.
- PIA Overhead Accreditation an advantage
- CSCS Cards
- First Aid
- H&S accreditations advantageous
- Full B Driver’s Licence
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £640.00-£1,000.00 per week